LAST REVISED: [30/11/2021]
(Applicable as from 30/11/2021)
1. Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to us. We want you to be informed and familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data (“processing”) directly or indirectly relating to you as an individual ("personal data").
This Privacy Statement (hereafter referred to as "Privacy Statement") describes how Syngenta (hereafter referred to as Syngenta) (hereafter referred to as "we", "our" and "us") owned by Syngenta B.V., processes your personal data collected in relation to the Website https://www.syngentaflowers.com. The Privacy Statement describes the types of personal data we collect from you when making use of our Website and how we process your personal data, which parties we share your personal data with (and where they are located), the duration for purpose of retention and your choices regarding our use of your personal data. We also describe how you can contact us about our privacy practices. We thank you for reading this Privacy Statement carefully.
If for any reason you have concerns or enquiries about how Syngenta Seeds B.V. processes your personal data, please contact us at [email protected].
2. Collecting your personal data
Your personal data, which we commit to collect in a way that it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in accordance with the law; will be collected as follows:
- When you register to access, when you login to the Website or complete the Website’s contact form.
- When you browse through the Website, by using cookies and similar technologies.
The collection and processing of your personal data via cookies and similar technologies are governed by the Cookies policy https://www.syngentaflowers.com/cookies-policy, that you should read carefully.
3. Using your personal data
We have a legitimate interest to process personal data about users of our Websites for the following purposes:
- Optimise the use of the Website: We collect personal data (including IP addresses, location of accessing the Website, browser type) automatically, store its log files in order to improve our Website’s design to your needs and analyze download trends to help us identifying user preferences.
- Manage the Website’s troubleshooting: We collect your IP address to assist in diagnosing server issues and solve any misconfigurations of the Website and keep the data secure.
- Respond to your inquiries: To respond to your inquiries, complaints, questions and suggestions regarding our products and vacancies, which you send us via the Website’s contact form. The processing of your personal data for this purpose is based on our legitimate interests to handle, adequately and in a timely manner, customers' inquiries, complaints, questions and suggestions regarding the promotion or other similar activity, and to ensure that our legal obligations in
relation to the organisation of promotions and similar activities are fulfilled.
- Website registration and log-in: You can decide to register to our Website by providing the minimum information necessary to make use of our Website in order to be informed about our services and products. This personal data shall not be used for marketing purposes, unless we have obtained prior informed consent.
- Protection of our interests: To enforce our terms and conditions, to lawfully protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, to lawfully protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. The processing of your Personal Data for this purpose is based on our legitimate interests to protect our organisation.
4. Disclosing your personal data
Where necessary, we may transfer personal data to legal entities that are part of the Syngenta group.
In the context of a merger or acquisition, your personal data may be also be transferred to an organization, which has acquired the stock or assets of Syngenta, one of its affiliates, or one of our businesses. In this case, you will be duly informed about the impact that these organizational changes may have on the manner we process your personal data and the content of this Privacy Statement. We also work with third parties to assist of a number of services to whom your personal data may be disclosed, e.g.:
- Service providers who assist us in the design, maintenance of our internet-based tools and applications, as well as these providers that assist in preparing of reporting and statistics, printing materials and design of our products.
- Talent management providers who assist us in the context of online recruitment.
When working with third parties outside of the country of residence, we take appropriate measures to ensure that personal data will be adequately protected in the recipient country. This is particularly the case where personal data are transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), where the level of personal data protection is not the same as in the EEA. In these cases, we take action (e.g., standard contractual clauses) to ensure that your personal data will be processed with the same degree of care as in country of your residence.
5. Exercising your rights
We strive to maintain a high level of transparency about the data we process. As regards our processing of your personal data described in this Privacy Statement, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- To confirm Syngenta is processing your personal data, to get access to or receive a copy of the personal data we may have about you;
- To require us to rectify or update any inaccurate personal data, or complete any incomplete personal data
- To require us to delete or erase your personal data;
- To restrict our processing of your personal data;
- To require us to transmit certain of your personal data to you or to transfer or have them transferred to another data controller (portability); and
- To require that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes (object). We will then, in principle, no longer be allowed to process your data, unless there is a legitimate interest to do so, for example, a legal claim or other legal obligation we may have to fulfil.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, you can contact us at no cost by sending an email to the [specify the DPO or DPC mailbox as appropriate]. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible after validating the request. We will promptly modify your personal data if we agree that it is either inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, after taking into account the purposes for which it was collected. If we correct it and had previously disclosed it to a third party, we will also notify that third party if required to by law. If we disagree with your request to correct your personal data, we will explain the reason for refusal and the ways you can complain.
6. Storing your personal data
We intend to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date. We do not wish to store your data for longer than is necessary for the relevant purposes in relation to the use of our Website. How long we need to keep your data depends on the purpose for which we collect it, and therefore there is no universal retention period. Thus, the archiving period may vary depending on the circumstances. We also need to consider other reasons and therefore we might need to keep personal data for longer than necessary; e.g. as legal evidence. However, in these cases we will no longer actively process the data.
Should you wish to obtain more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and on your right of erasure please contact us through [email protected].
7. Questions, concerns and complaints
Should you have any question or concern on how Syngenta utilizes your personal data, you can contact the Data Privacy Officer or Champion (DPO/DPC) at the following address: [email protected]. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement).
8. Updates to this Privacy Statement
[You can find out when this Privacy Statement was last amended by checking "LAST REVISED" at the top of this page.]
You may print, download or otherwise retain a copy of this Privacy Statement (and of any revised version) for your records.