Syngenta is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out how Syngenta processes personal data which we collect from you (as an individual) or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Please scroll down to be taken to the relevant section:
Information we may collect about or from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Syngenta, and when you report a problem with our site.
- Information which you submit to us in connection with any reward schemes which we may operate.
- Details of transactions you carry out (whether through our site or otherwise) and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. Please note that Syngenta makes use of third party services such as Google Analytics. For more information about Google Analytics, please see: www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to third parties with whom we do business. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file or a local shared object which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data (and use of your data by our suppliers)
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Use of your information for marketing purposes
Where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data (including other Syngenta companies), to provide you with information about third party goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, telephone, fax or email.
We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail, telephone or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or enquiry by you (unless you have opted out from receiving such communications).
We will only contact you by electronic means with information about other goods and services if you have consented to this.
We will not share your personal data for marketing purposes with any business outside the Syngenta group unless you agree.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliate Syngenta companies, which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our customers, or others.
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your right to unsubscribe
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and not to share your details with third parties for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use or share your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included on our marketing emails, or contacting us at the relevant address above. You should allow us a reasonable period of time to update our records.
Access to informationData protection laws give you the right to access and correct any information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this law. Please provide us with enough information to enable us to identify you and the information which you require. Any access request may (if permitted by law) be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Other websitesOur site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.